Friday, September 07, 2007

Adieu

It would have been an easy end
If I weren’t strangely aware,
that you are still here,
next to me , holding my hand
looking in my eye and telling me
its all going to be alright.

I would have known better,
If it weren’t for your
expertise artifice,
and my ignorant naivety

It would have been a good bye
If it weren’t for those
little & large quibbles
those very reasons you
hoarded against me

nothing is the same
or it will be, I suspect
the last time we met
shall be the last of its kind

yet,
It would have been an affable farewell
If it wasn’t that I still love you
And you dont!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice one...more i read this more and more I understand it...first iteration i dint understand it at all..read it after lunch...got something in mind...later something else..hmm..interesting

--
Admirer

writerwoman said...

I really like this one! I find it thoughtfully crafted and bittersweet.